Wowsers!
We have hit the half-way mark on this journey.
Are you where you were hoping to be?
This week's challenge is going to be for you to do an evaluation of yourself and how you have done up 'til now. Keep what is working for you and change what is not. Post a comment on here on either something that is working for you and you are going to keep or tell us something that is not working for you and switch it up!
I am sure many of us are getting burned out now and need a good 'pick me up,' so do this and it should help YOU help yourself!
What was not working for me was working out my entire body. Basically, going to the gym and running on the treadmill & eliptical. I was not focusing on 1-2 parts specifically. I noticed that since I started focusing one a couple difference areas a week.. I've had more of a desire to find different exercises and routines to do. Also, totally gave up my 3 sodas a week :) Miss my soda break :/ but..will be worth it. I replaced it 1 tsp of aloe mango flavor to my water :)) ~Connie
ReplyDeleteI need to focus more on what I am putting in my body. I need to sit down and plan out meals and snacks so I don't end up eating junk when I am starving!
ReplyDeleteSharlene
Over the time that I have been doing this contest (with our ward the first time, with another ward, with my family) I have discovered the one thing that helps me control my weight better than anything else. That one thing is Not Eating After 8. Eating at night has been a problem for me through the years. I love to eat at night; I can get in a whole other meal at that time, and it's not a healthy meal. It works for me to make it a strict rule to not eat after 8.
ReplyDeleteIngrid
I am not making a lot of progress right now, but I think I am having too many distractions. I need to understand what they are and figure out how to get beyond them. ( I also love to cook and eat, that may havae something to do with it!)
ReplyDeleteJane
The thing that works best for me is to exercise daily. Riding my bike is the best. Walking, not so much. (The dog loves it though!)
ReplyDeleteI also have found that eating non-processed food is great! I have usually been a healthy eater, but I have a hard time when it comes to dessert...yikes, my weakness. I can so "no" to most things except when the ice cream and chocolate is calling my name...I just have to answer! :)
janine
I discovered I feel better when I excercise every day. I've been at a plateau for about 4 months and have felt like giving up. At Weight Watchers this week the discussion was about doing what works for your body. Some people said that they found that they would count the points and not lose but when they changed to more protein and less carbs that equalled the same points as before, they lost more weight. That is what I am going to try this next week.
ReplyDeleteKristie
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI have been absolutely awful for the last couple of weeks. I went out of town for a wedding, and haven't been the same since. And I have been feeling it. So...I am ready to refocus, purge the junkfood out of this house and break through my plateau!
ReplyDeleteKira
I have not been watching what I've been eating. I get the munchies in the AM and right before dinner and before I know it I've consumed quite a few extra calories. I've been working way too much lately and haven't been taking enough time out for myself to get the proper amount of exercise and sleep some nights.
ReplyDeleteKatrina