Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week 2 Challenge

So we survived week one.  How did you sisters do?  How has your support person/group been?  Does it help you to have someone to turn to when you get tempted?

Well, for Week 2 Challenge I want you to think of something that has really stuck out to you during the first week of weight loss....an "Ah, ha!"moment is what we will call it.  For example, my "Ah, ha" moment(s) this past week has been, #1 I need to think before I put food in my mouth.  The first 3 days I would put food in my mouth and realize it was later than I would have liked it to've been (I like to go to bed early, so waiting 2 hours for bedtime can be tough).  The latest I can eat seems to be about 6, maybe 7 pm, just in case I want to go to bed at 8 (a girl can dream).  #2 "ah-ha" moment is that I need to think before I put food in my mouth.  There were many times I caught myself eating and not even realizing it.  I was eating triscuits one day and after a number of them I realized, "I'm trying to lose weight!  Why am I eating these????"  I have since turned to vegies as my snack...crunch..crunch.

So what your your "Ah-ha" moments?  Do share (to get your 10 points).

11 comments:

  1. Last week, I meant to add my husband also, besides my daughter (team of 2). Sorry, Clint. My "Ah ha" moment is to realize that if I can do this well on Week 1, I can continue to do so most of the rest of the weeks. Power of positive thinking is amazing!!
    Jane M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my "ah ha" was when I got on the scale and realized that exercising really does work...duh! It has been way too long and too cold to ride my bike, but after a slow start, uggh... I am now up to 5 miles a day. My goal is 8-10 miles. I will get there!!

    Also, that usually 1-2 bites of a treat is really all I need to satisfy the sweet tooth. Well, unless it's ice cream! ♥

    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing Weight Watchers for 2 years now. Why do I keep forgetting that if I don't drink my water, I don't lose weight? Been trying for a month and finally I realized I hadn't been drinking enough water. Finally lost this week after drinking the water.

    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized this week that if I'm not in it at the start of the day, I won't do the things I need to do. Example, if I don't plan what I'm doing for exercise the day before, I won't do it the next day.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realized this week that the best way to succeed at a goal is to help someone else succeed at that goal. Sharlene must already know this truth: look at her report this week! (We appreciate so, so much what you are doing for us Sharlene!) I am trying to help my daughter, Tammy, teaching her what I know, but in the process I am learning so much more from her. Among other things, she is unbelievably talented with food, and so organized; it is delightful learning from her. My Ah Ha Moment: Direct opposite of concentrating solely on one's own success, it is God's way to be thinking of others and "pass it on."

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Forgot to sign my name. Last comment is from Tammy's mother, Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aha... I thought I was a pretty healthy eater, but I realized I usually don't eat fruits and vegetables until dinner. I need to rethink breakfast and lunch.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aha! just because I exercise does not mean I'm going to lose alot of weight! I need to actually workout until I can feel my muscles burning!lol
    ~Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. My "ahh-ha" moment has come over time. I think to succeed in anything, you need to be committed. Which when dieting means avoiding sugar! : ) Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. My "aha" moment has been realizing that doing a little is better than doing nothing. Even if I'm last place every week, I'll keep doing whatever I can and know that it will help me more than doing nothing. I won't let my embarrassment over my pathetic point total (yes, it's really bad!) stop me from participating. I obviously need this, or I wouldn't be in such bad shape, nutritionally speaking. Thanks for all the support everyone!

    -Ana

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Aha has been realizing that losing weight is way more about the calories going in than the calories going out. I was a little surprised when I started actually measuring out serving sizes - what was just a "bowl of cereal" was actually a whopping "3 servings of cereal." Yikes!
    - Kira

    ReplyDelete